Even though we can’t see much of each other’s faces, our skin still needs love and attention! That’s probably even more true now that we have a piece of cloth over our noses, cheeks and chins for a good part of each day! Several weeks ago, the Pennsylvania Board of Cosmetology changed the guidelines on facials during the current pandemic, allowing them to happen for the first time since mid-March! The following is from the Board’s website:
- Services, including facials and removal of superfluous hair from the lip or chin area, that require partial or temporary removal of the client’s face covering are permitted subject to the following:
- The salon or school must require a temperature check of the client prior to such services, and must refuse service if the client’s temperature is above 100.4° F.
- The employee performing such services must wear a face covering and goggles or a face covering and face shield during the performance of the services (in addition to the standard face covering requirement).
- The client must wear a face covering at all times except when partial or temporary removal is necessary in order to receive such services.
- The client may, at their option, wear a face covering for the duration of the service and/or require the employee to wear gloves during the performance of the service.
Not quite ready to take your mask off temporarily? No worries! Take advantage of our Backial! A facial for your back will provide a deep cleansing and exfoliation of an area hard to reach at home. Additionally, decompressing in a dimly lit room with relaxing spa music playing for an hour for only $20 might make 2020 seem a little less stressful!
All services are performed by students under the supervision of licensed educators.